Thursday, December 12, 2013

I'm one day away from being 19 weeks pregnant. It is a beautiful baby girl. :)

I've had a lot of issues with this pregnancy. I won't bore you with all of them. I will tell you about the most recent. Today at my doctors appointment we learned that I've lost more than half of my amniotic fluid. Isn't that bad, you ask. Yes, yes it is. My levels should be at a 10. It's considered dangerous for the baby if you're below 5, and I'm at 4.5. Babies need amniotic fluid for their lungs to be able to develop, among other things.

Things could really go either way (this is what I've been told at most of my Dr. appointments about other concerns). So again we find ourselves having to give it time to see how my body will respond (Just cooperate already, please!).  Our hope is that my fluid levels slowly go back up and even if I am on bed rest the rest of the pregnancy that I will at least make it to 30+ weeks.

 Being this early in the pregnancy (meaning she wouldn't be viable at this point) they won't do anything if my body goes into labor again. I've had contractions and bleeding for most of my pregnancy and it has gotten consistently worse. Last night was when I was having contractions and my water broke (it leaked a small amount at about 11 weeks also). I think as long as that doesn't happen again things will calm down and I can make it into the third trimester.

I have an appointment with the perinatologist on Tuesday. We are hoping the levels will have raised and that we will get more answers on how to move forward. When I was in the hospital with Avella I had the detailed ultrasounds and met with the perinatologist. I do remember that depending on the person doing the ultrasound the measurements could vary slightly. I'm hoping that when we go on Tuesday the levels are high enough to let us all breathe a sigh of relief.

We (Ryan & I) would appreciate any prayers, positive thoughts, and kind words you would send our way. We have been humbled at the outpouring of love we have already received and we thank you in advance for your prayers and support. We couldn't do it without all of you!

Love,
Ella

5 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry. I pray that you my feel strength through the prayers in your behalf. I hope you know you are loved and feel the love of our heavenly father.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry, Angela. I will definitely join in on the fast on Sunday. Love you! Praying for you and baby girl. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry. Our family will definitely keep you and your sweet baby in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no! I can't even imagine how you must feel. I wish I could fast! Philip will fast for you I'm sure, and Maggie & I will keep sending prayers your way. We love you all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all of the love. :) I've realized I'm horrible at replying to comments, even though I read every single one and appreciate them!

    ReplyDelete