Friday, May 23, 2014

41 Weeks 6 Days, 11 Weeks 3 Days

Sorry for the radio silence. So much has happened. Let's play catch up, shall we?

Monday they opened up the NICU for sibling visits. Yea! We knew on Friday but didn't tell the kids until we pulled up to the hospital on Monday. They were beyond excited. I think it was a little much for Hazel. Talk about overstimulation.

Hazel had a second swallow study last Thursday, the 15th. She didn't pass, again. Boo. On Tuesday the Developmental Team suggested starting her on the Gel Mix before the weekend. Babies have to be 42 weeks to use it (which is tomorrow). The doctors said, why don't we start her today. Ok! She started it Tuesday night. Then on Wednesday morning they decided to let her eat whenever she wants and however much she wants. She has been a great eater since her first breastfeed, so naturally she has done great. I was worried that she would be too sleepy at night to wake herself up , but she has done great.

She is still anemic, which is why I worry about her being sleepy, but her hematacrit keeps getting better. When they did labs on Tuesday it was 29.9. One of the nurses said it's usually between 35-45. About 6 weeks ago she was 23, just to give you an idea of how low she has been.

On Thursday Hazel's nurse called and told me to bring in Hazel's carseat to do her carseat test. I told her I would if she thought we were close, but I really didn't want to get my hopes up... again. The nurse practicioner called an hour later after rounds with the doctors were done and asked if we wanted to room in that night and that Hazel could be going home on Friday. What?! I didn't know whether I should believe her or not, but of course I got my hopes all the way up and got excited. How could I not?!

Well, we roomed in last night and Hazel did great waking up to eat, and she passed her carseat test. Which means... we brought her home today!!! It all happened so quickly. I still just stare and her and smell her cute head and can't believe it's real. We are all so happy to have her home!

I will post pictures asap. I wanted to share our exciting news with all of you right now! I couldn't wait. :)




6 comments:

  1. Yay, SO happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww so very happy for you and the whole family! What wonderful news!! Love the picture of her trying to decide what to think of the new surroundings :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's amazing! I am so excited she is home now. Lots of prayers have been answered!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! Having the whole family together must feel amazing. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! That is such great news! I haven't checked your blog for a bit and saw your hubby at church and wondered how you were doing. That is so great you get to have her home! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alright, I'm ready for pictures now.

    ReplyDelete