Wednesday, April 16, 2014

36 Weeks 4 Days, 6 Weeks 1 Day


Still such a cutie.


I love seeing her eyes open.




Hazel's first bath!




In the hospital they do 'swaddle baths'. She loved it! The wrap she is in is fleece which keeps her warm during the bath. She was happy and relaxed the entire time.




Cindy is one of Hazel's primary care nurses. We love her!
It's funny how having a baby in the NICU makes normal things like a bath seem so difficult. She's so tiny still and having all of the tubes and wires doesn't make it easy. It felt like it was the first time I had bathed a baby. I always want to make sure she's comfortable. When she was first born changing her diapers was a big deal. It was hard to do knowing that every time I moved her it caused her discomfort and pain. I'm glad she's not as sensitive anymore and her nerves are more developed.


 She is fascinated with her mobile. It's pretty amazing that as young as she is she enjoys watching it. Her therapists were worried it would be over stimulating, but she loves it.














Did you watch the eclipse? We got the kids up at 2 am to see it. They came outside, saw it, and went right back inside. Trevan was so quick he isn't in the picture. 





My pumping stuff for one day. I can't wait to be done with all of it. Pumping is so much harder than nursing - plugged ducts, bleeding, more plugged ducts (which make me feel nauseous, kinda weird), worrying about my milk supply, yada yada. 



She is always, always, awake for Dad.


 We went through the coolest car wash as our activity for FHE on our way back from the hospital. 
It felt like a space tunnel. Don't worry, we vacuumed too so it counts as an activity. 
We've had to get creative. :)




So much cute cheek chub!

  • She is still on the High Flow machine. Her flow is at a 2.5.
  • Her therapists are still working with her on increasing her mobility in her arms, feet, and neck. She tips her head to the right instead of holding it straight and prefers to have it turned to the left. I met with them today to learn how I can work with her and what I need to do once she is home. It was very interesting and I'm excited to know what I can be doing.
  • She is getting close to being ready to nurse. I was hoping we could start this week, but I think it will be next week.
  • She has officially hit six weeks and gained two pounds! She weighs 5 lbs 4 oz. Little chunker. ;) I swear it all goes to her cheeks though.
 
She's doing great overall. It's nice to hear her nurses tell me how wonderful she is doing. We realize that she truly is a miracle baby. It's easy to say she's a miracle, but when you really think back on everything she's gone through you realize just how many miracles we've been blessed with and continue to be blessed with. We know that not everyone is blessed in the same way, but we also know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for each and every one of us. We may not understand why and it may not seem fair, but He loves us each unconditionally. We all have trials of faith and have opportunities to trust in Him. I am grateful for the growth and increased faith that my trials have blessed me with.

Love,
Ella

No comments:

Post a Comment