Sunday, April 27, 2014

38 Weeks 1 Day, 7 Weeks 5 Days Old

I can't believe how close it's getting to my original due date. And it's great to see how much progress Hazel is making. This has been a big week for her and me!

I've been able to breastfeed her each day and she got a bottle today too. She nursed today for 23 minutes. Way to go, Hazel! The orders are that she can be fed twice per shift. If she nurses for at least ten minutes they count that as a full feed. Sometimes while feeding we have to turn her oxygen up, but we didn't have to today even though her flow was lowered down to 1.

The hardest thing for her is that she gets worn out quickly. She is still very anemic so she gets sleepy and worn out easily. Her body has finally started to make more red blood cells, but it will take months for her levels to be where they should.

You know what is great? When Hazel's nurse told me to get ready for her to come home! She is doing so well and progressing quickly with her feeds. Once she is able to do all of her feeds by bottle or breast then she can come home! Can you believe it, friends? I know it will still be weeks, but it's so good to hear. 

I've been feeling great this week. It's almost weird to feel so normal. I've been driving, doing laundry and dishes, cleaning, and organizing. It feels good to be back!


This is a few days worth of milk. Hazel eats just more than one of the large containers a day. The good news is I'm going to donate my milk this go round. I tried to with Avella, but she was older and they need the milk to be from when the child is younger. 


She's so pretty. :) 


Avella tells me almost daily that she wants to fly. 


I love Daddy Daughter pictures. They make my heart happy.

Love,
Ella



2 comments:

  1. That is so exciting that you're even talking about bringing her home! So thankful for miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great update!!! So glad to hear how great she's doing!!!

    ReplyDelete