Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Emotions

Worn out
Grateful
Excited
Worried
Emotional
Sad
Happy
Peace
Stressed
Calm
Contemplative
Unsure
Depressed
Prayerful
Humble
Loved
Determined
Strong
Weak
Vulnerable
Loving
Steady


Those would be the words to describe how I'm feeling. I think it's interesting that we go through experiences that we feel such a range of emotions, and so many of them are opposites of another. It's impossible to go through such impactful things in our lives and just feel or think one way about it. I believe that is part of personal growth. I can express sadness and let myself feel it, process it and then choose how I will react to the situation and how I will move forward. And it is ok to feel sad or depressed. We are human after all. Overall I feel peace and determination. But all it takes is one day of crying and feeling vulnerable to completely exhaust me. Emotions can take such a toll physically.

Thank you for your empathy during this time of roller coaster emotions. I feel safe to be honest in what I'm feeling and thinking. I may not put everything I'm feeling and thinking here on this blog, but  I'm grateful for the moments when I'm able to share with a friend or family member in the moment I need to and they are able to listen with no judgements and just love me. Those moments help carry me through the tough days.

I'm sure if you're reading this you're thinking, ok tell me something I don't know. :) I'm finding it's helpful for me to type this and then read it and tell myself that it will be ok. I will be ok.

Love,
Ella

2 comments: