Saturday, March 29, 2014

34 Weeks, 3 Weeks 4 Days Old

I am so behind in updating and so much has happened! 



She is in a crib! 
That means she is able to maintain her own body temperature.







They have been weaning Hazel's PEEP (the amount of pressure used to keep her lungs inflated) on the CPAP (oxygen machine). They said once she was at a 5 and stable she would be moved to the High Flow machine. It was at 8 on Wednesday, 7 Thursday, 6 Friday, and then they decided to switch her over to the High Flow machine early. That is HUGE! We're hoping she does great.  (The picture on the left is her new nasal cannula. The picture on the right is what they used when she was on CPAP. She hated it!) If she is able to stay stable I should be able to start doing non-nutritive feeds. That's where we practice nursing. Hopefully soon!




She looks so different to me.


The pacifier looks giant on her tiny face. Ha.


Lots of snuggle time this week.



She loves to hold my finger (or anyone's for that matter). If you try to let go she will tighten her grip. She has long fingers like her mom. :)


This is the first time I've seen her with nothing on her face. I wish her eyes had been open. She's beautiful. I love you, little Hazel.

One of the holes in her heart has healed (the PDA). The PFO still needs to close. It may or may not have closed by the time she goes home. Her lungs looked good in the last ECHO they did to check her Pulmonary Hypertension. I forgot to mention that she had Pulmonary Hypertension, but it's looking better.

I'm recovering pretty well. I have come a long way in the last week. I'm able to take less pain meds, my mood has been balancing out, and I've been walking more. I'm still in a lot of pain sometimes, but I'm grateful that I can feel such a big difference and that I am finally recovering. I still can't drive myself to the hospital because of the pain meds I'm taking. A huge thanks to Ryan's family and my Mom and Ryan for all of the driving they've done for me so I can see Hazel each day. Thank you to all of you that have been checking up on me. When I've been feeling down it's nice to read messages from friends and family who care.

Lots of love,
Ella

PS - Today is the day they would have induced me. Kind of strange to imagine. I don't think my body would've lasted that long! The end was so painful. I'm grateful Heavenly Father is in charge and He had a plan. And I'm grateful that Hazel is doing so well. She has been through so much - and to start off so sick it really is a miracle that she is doing so well.

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture with nothing on her face. Sweet, pretty girl! I also love the snuggling pictures. You look so happy :)

    ReplyDelete