Saturday, March 15, 2014

Hazel has been doing so well this week. It's been a blessing knowing that I can focus on my recovery without having to worry about how she is doing. Here are her latest updates:

  • She was moved off of the Jet Ventilator and was put on the Conventional Ventilator.
  • Her oxygen is at 30%.
  • They are weaning her off of the Nitric Oxide and it is currently at 10%. The nurse said the next step will be to wean her down 5% and then 1% at a time after that.
  • They did her spinal tap and... NO meningitis!
  • She weighs 3 lbs 5 oz.
  • Her feeds are at 26 mL. That is so great! 
  • She is handling her cares better.
  • She's been having plenty of poopy diapers.
  • She's been opening her eyes more. 
  • She will get her next head ultrasound at 30 days after birth which puts it at April 3rd. 
  • The hole in her lung has closed and she got her chest tube out!

I am still in the hospital. They are waiting to see if there is any 'bowel activity'. Basically I need to have a BM or pass gas before I can go. I am finally able to drink water and eat ice chips. I've tried sipping juice. I seem to do ok with it if I don't really swallow a lot. It does help get rid of the metallic taste from all of the IVs. I'm still on the saline. I was low on potassium, so they've added that as well. I'm still on the two antibiotics, Clindamycin and Gentamicin. For pain they have me on Tordol and Dilaudid. Good stuff. I still cannot take oral medications everything has to be through the IV.

I haven't seen the doctor yet today, but I know at one point they had said they would do another CT Scan. I'm not sure if they have changed courses with my treatment though. Yesterday my Mom was telling Ryan and his Mom everything that had happened since Tuesday night and I realized I had been aware of about maybe 25% of everything that happened then and since then. I think I need to touch base with the doctor again and really understand what they are thinking and doing in terms of my treatment.

The good news is I am feeling better. Ryan couldn't believe how chipper I sounded this morning. The bad news is that the better I feel the more bored I get and I am more antsy to go home.

Happy Saturday!

Love,
Ella



4 comments:

  1. hi sweetie... i am so happy you and hazel are doing so well. yay. my phone wont let me do exclamation marks on here, so i dont sound excited but i am. really excited... blast. i just realized how much i use exclamation marks. this is incredibly frustrating. exclamation mark. love u ange.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great news about Hazel! I hope you are able to go home soon!

    ReplyDelete