Sunday, January 23, 2011

48 hours

Three days down, hopefully 67 more to go!

The good news today is they let me get out of bed and take a shower. Happy day! I am done with the magnesium sulfate so it was safe for me to stand up on my own. (It makes your muscles freak out a little, so I had to have help any time I had to get up.) I also had my last steroid shot yesterday. I'm glad to be done with that.

I had a rough morning today. I took too many meds at the same time which made me very naeseous and I had some contractions. I was finally able to relax and take a much needed nap. I woke up feeling great, and I haven't had any more contractions. Whew.

The best news today is that we have hit the 48 hour mark. Meaning the it has been 48 hours since I had my first steroid shot and started the magnesium sulfate. All of that means that if baby girl decides to come sooner rather than later we have given her brain and lungs the protection they need. We are breathing a little sigh of relief. We are grateful for each day she grows bigger and stronger.

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there little baby! We all want you to be healthy and well!

    ReplyDelete