Thursday, January 27, 2011

My Quilt



The Friday my water broke was a whirlwind. When we got to the hospital everything happened so quickly. Before I knew it I was admitted to the hospital and told I was staying there for a very long time. What?!? - That's what my brain was thinking. At some point in the process of being admitted they got me situated in my bed and then brought me this lovely quilt. My nurse said that volunteers make these for the patients that have to stay a long time so they feel more at home. It made my day. It felt so comforting to have something made with love to snuggle up in. It might sound silly, but in a scary moment it brought some reassurance.

Anyone who knows me knows that I am a very visual person. I am so happy that I have something pretty to look at. Plus it's much cozier than the brown flat hospital blankets. It really was touching to me that someone would donate materials and time to make a hospital stay a little nicer for a complete stranger. So I've decided that when I get out (and baby girl is a bit older :) that I want to pay it forward and make at least one quilt to donate and hope that I've made someones hospital stay a little nicer.

4 comments:

  1. That is so sweet! And I love that you plan on making at least one to pay it forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is sweet and understandably comforting. It's also cute and something pretty in the sterility of the hospital.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering about the quilt from one of the earlier pictures. It is adorable! I think it is a wonderful idea to pay it forward!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous quilt! It looks so warm and cozy too. :)

    ReplyDelete