Saturday, February 5, 2011

Happy birthday Avella!

Yes, today was the day that Avella decided to make her grand entrance into the world. I was rushed into an emergency C-section and everything happened very quickly. She was born at 12:04 pm weighing 3 pounds 6 ounces and measuring 16.5" long. And she has hair! I was surprised at that. I still haven't seen her in person. I should be able to tomorrow. Ryan has taken lots of pictures and movies for me to be able to see her. She is perfect. Don't worry, I will post pictures so all of you can fall in love with her like I have.

I will post the entire story when I am feeling up to it. I am still in a lot of pain and I am loopy from morphine.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and kind messages. I have felt such peace and strength throughout this crazy day. I am so grateful for all of you that have been part of this journey. I wish I could thank each of you personally and give you a big hug!

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Angela! I hope you get to meet her in person tomorrow! I pray everything will be alright and that you have a speedy recovery. The Lofgren Family loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it official!? Avella!? Ions it and can't wait to meet this sweet baby! She had quite the grand enterance! We love you and Ryan so much and I am DYING for a picture!!!! Wish I could see her. Keep us posted! Call me if you need help with the boys!

    Hugs and more hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to see some pics! And I voted for Avella, I LOVE that name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been thinking about you {and Avella!} for weeks! I prayed for you last night and I am glad to hear she is doing well. Amia was 31 weeks and 4 days- after 9 weeks bedrest- and she had a full head of dark curls! She's blond now and her prematurity has not held her back at all. Rest, recover, and know that you have support you didn't even know you had!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! I'm glad that things went well. Please take care! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Angela! I am soo happy to hear that things are going well and the Avella is alright. We pray for you to have a fast recovery and to be able to meet, hug, hold her in person as soon as possible!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So thankful you and Avella are doing well - she sounds like such a beautiful little peanut! Praying for a quick and healthy recovery for both of you.
    Love, The Huish's

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I'm glad you are both doing good. I hope you get to see and hold her soon! Lots of thoughts and prayers from the Pixton's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I, too, am so glad that she made it here safe. It's always a relief to hear that mom and baby are doing well. I bet she's a sweetie (she has to be with a mom like you)! I'm sorry I couldn't make it to the shower, but I do have a gift for your little one. Lots of prayers from the Robbins family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! So glad she's doing well. I bet she's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!! I am so happy to know you are both doing well. I hope you will be able to see and touch your little one soon. Avella...I love it I voted twice for it :). You and your wonderful little family will continue to be in our prayers. Lots of Love. Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you are both well! I love that NAMe!!! I can't wait to see pictures. Your family is in our prayers as the next little while will have its up and downs in the NICU.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats! I'm glad to hear you're both doing well! I hope you recover as quickly and painlessly as possible!! What a cute tiny thing she is! Get some rest! :)

    ReplyDelete