Monday, February 7, 2011

Pictures!

Avella's first day of life.


She sleeps with her arms and legs up sometimes.

So tiny! Look at all of her tubes on the side.

I still can't believe how tiny she is.

Can you believe this picture? I think Ryan
could hold her in one hand.

She looks so peaceful here.

Our first family picture.

She was actually sucking on the pacifier. Good job Avella!
She was hooked up to more stuff today.
And she had a spinal tap. :(
All of this made her more agitated today. Since she had a hard day
they decided not do do anything to her all night. They just
want her to rest. I was glad to hear that.
She was much more relaxed later tonight.
I will post details of everything that happened this weekend. I have been too tired, in
too much pain, and busy. I lost about two liters blood. We are still holding off on a
blood transfusion, but we will see how I do each day. I am very worn out from losing
so much blood and from surgery. Even as I type this I am in pain. It will be a while
before I am feeling like myself. So please be patient with me.
I don't know if I will be up for visitors the remainder of my hospital stay. Please call first
if you are thinking of coming. I will most likely be coming home on Wednesday.
I don't know if I will be happy to be going home on my birthday, or if I will be so sad
because I'm leaving Avella at the hospital on my birthday. Hmm.
I just won't think about it until it happens.












14 comments:

  1. She is so precious! And SO tiny! I'm so glad you are both okay. When I heard you'd had her by emergency c-section, I had a moment of panic until I got to the part where it said you were both okay. You and baby Ella are both in my prayers and close to my thoughts. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so tiny and beautiful! I hope you recover quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is perfect!!!! So so precious. Can't wait until you are both home together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Avella is so precious! Take care of yourself Angela. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so beautiful! She's tiny, but she looks great!! Losing blood really does suck all your energy, I've been there and it's not fun! I'm sorry you have to deal with that. I hope you feel better soon and that Avella continues to do well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So excited to see pics. At first I was like, she doesn't look that small then I saw the pic of the hand next to her and was like oh she is sooo tiny. She looks adorable though! I can't wait to hold her. We are so thrilled that she and you seem to be okay. I hope the pain gets better! PLEASE let me know what I can do. I would love to do anything..run your errands, clean your house, bring you food, whatever! I love you guys and blow a kiss to little Avella for me. PS I Love that name! And emmry is so excited for her baby girl cousin. She told me she want to hold her in her hands and give her snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. She looks SO adorable! Brings back memories, my friend ;-) Just take one day at a time - she'll be home before you know it. Keep taking pictures, she'll love looking at them someday and want to plaster them all over her "Star of the Week" poster!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So precious!!! Like Sheree said, you don't think she's that tiny until you see the pic with Ryan's hand:) Can't wait until we can all hold and love her! Christian still makes sure we pray for the two of you every time and is sure to remind us when we forget:) We love you guys! Rest up and let me know what I can do! I'm with Sheree...food, cleaning, grocery shopping, boys? Just say the words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is a beauty! Get some rest. We'll pray that the pain subsides quickly and that she'll keep growing "healthy and strong."

    ReplyDelete
  10. She actually looks really good. She looks like a fighter. I am sorry you are in pain and feeling crummy. Hang in there, we are thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a little angel! She really is beautiful. I am so sorry you are hurting. I hope it passes soon so that you will be able to just focus on your sweet little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous little girl! Wishing you a speedy recovery and all the best of everything.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She does look amazingly well and of course beautiful. I hope you get rest and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet little girl! I am so glad I am able to at least see pictures! We are keeping you in our prayers and hope things continue to go well! We love you guys!!
    Shelyse, Matt and the kidos

    ReplyDelete