Thursday, February 3, 2011

My favorite things

Here are some of the things I love about the hospital. (Yes, I have plenty of dislikes. I am just trying to keep things positive.)




  1. when my family comes to visit

  2. lasagna day


  3. new sheets every day


  4. my nurses


  5. visitors


  6. my quilt


  7. all of the V8 I can drink


  8. listening to baby's heartbeat twice a day for a half hour each time


  9. playing in the wheelchair (You would do it too if you were stuck in the same room for 4 weeks.)


  10. knowing that someone else is doing my laundry and dishes


  11. phone calls


  12. bacon every morning (Yes every morning. I've totally rationalized doing this, so just let me think it's OK.)


  13. my bed that reclines with the push of a button


  14. my egg crate foam mattress (My doctor ordered one for me. You definitely get special privileges being a long term patient.)


  15. emails

  16. looking out my window and seeing people take home their new babies and imagining their stories


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're able to find so many positives! You'd probably go nuts if you didn't. :) Have fun at your shower tonight, I wish I could be there!

    ReplyDelete